We are looking to add an enthusiastic, passionate Technical Writer to our security and compliance team. If you have experience with SaaS software companies and technical writing, let’s chat.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast-growing restaurant software company, with some of the largest restaurant chains in the U.S. as customers. Backed by top venture capital firms, SynergySuite has expanded over the last 3 years across Europe and the U.S. For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding technology team with strong potential to grow your career. We are currently building out our teams in Lehi, Utah; Podgorica, Montenegro; and Dublin, Ireland.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and/or edit technical documents, including policies, procedures and work instructions. Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical engineers, developers and compliance management ensuring that final documents meet applicable technical industry and compliance standards.
- Translate IT application/technical process information into user-friendly content.
- Provide expertise in the creation, implementation and maintenance of appropriate policies, and procedures to be compliant with applicable technology, regulatory and compliance requirements including ISO 27001, SSAE 18 (SOC 2 Type II), and GDPR.
- Understand IT compliance control gaps and oversee the documentation of the entire IT compliance control portfolio.
- Assist in the policy lifecycle by monitoring changes to the standards and regulatory landscape as it pertains to the organization.
- Consult relevant regulatory, information sources and resources, and technical documents, to obtain background information and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing technical documentation deliverables are applied.
- Manage the tracking, monitoring and document control of technical documents.
- Provide risk analysis and work to ensure proper results are documented as necessary.
- Assist in compliance audits working with qualified security assessors, developers and system engineers.
- Make recommendations to management at all levels to ensure that appropriate levels of compliance are maintained.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Continuously promote security awareness and look for ways to block security threats when identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 or more years of experience in the compliance governance, risk or cyber security field
- Knowledge of published security standards (NIST, OWASP, ISO, California Consumer Privacy Act)
- Security and compliance certifications preferred
- Experience delivering documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be able to effectively communicate with varied company stakeholders utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish credibility and working relationships with a wide range of corporate personnel, including operations, management, executive and legal staff as well as external personnel, including auditors and customers
- Project management experience is desired